Friday, December 13, 2013

A hungover cocktail triathlete


Last thursday we had a Christmas party at work and our theme was gold, red or blue. I luv parties. And I luv themes. I went shopping for a golden dress, and with the hair (wig) my sister Theresa gave me, I was ready to Party! I just forgot one important detail. I am a triathlete, training for Ironman 2014. Well, I am a cocktail triathlete, but a drunken one? Oh no! Not good at all. With the wig and golden dress all of my common sense kinda flowed straight out of my body. As the night proceeded, so did I.... and the wine bottle. I turned into a smoking idiot drinking straight out of the bottle. So without explaining more details about that evening, I paid a huge price, and trust me, it wasn't worth it and its not happening again, not before Ironman.

I was hungover for about 2,5 days. Friday was rest day, and Saturday I had swimming on my schedule. Its something about swimming and the day after.. I simply can't handle it.. Felt mostly sick to my tummy and my motivation was ZERO. Sunday I ended up doing a 20k run. My time was worse then ever, but I did do the full distance. My body ached for 3 whole days, since I used my Icebugs for the first time this season as a mentioned in the last blog. My coach kinda of laughed at me, but I never told him that I had smoked. It's crazy, I have to stay away from shit like that.... So what have I learned? As a cocktail triathlete, I have to stick to champagne, and no more then 2 glasses twice a month and NEVER EVER touch the smokies.......

My beautiful friend and Co-worker Cecilia, together with our fantastic co-worker Lotta (Funny)



Another Co-worker, I am kinda physical ... Always nice to get a hug


Ginger bread cookies, Glögg (swedish warm wine with spices..Not my thang)


Finally beddy time, 3:am in the morning. Was I tired Friday? Yepp, I want to forget last weekend as soon as possible


2 glasses of Champagne 2 times a month = High standard cocktail triathlete





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, du är bäst Des! Du gör fel, erkänner öppet, gör om och gör rätt. Det är bara en stooor människa som gör så. Luv ya!

Queen Desiree's goals said...

ÅÅÅ tack Geta! Du är bäst, and I luv you too!!!!