Friday, August 8, 2014

As prepared as I'll ever be


I know, I haven't written anything in a very long time. It's not because I didn't want to, I simply haven't had the time. My summer has been quite different than a normal summer. Not only has Sweden had this amazing heatwave (love warm weather) I have been training at a level that I have never experienced before. These past weeks add up to more than 12 training hours a week. Its amazing how the body can adjust. It hasn't always been fun. Its been tiring and really tough  sometimes. Train - eat - work. But its a little NIKE... Just do it.

9 Days left, I think. My god if you knew what has been going through my mind lately. " Desiree, what is wrong with you? Why are you doing this? Who do you think you are? " What if you can't do it? I have asked myself loads of questions and I have had doubts. I have cried like a baby and laughed like a crazy person. But you know what, whatever the result and however I perform this has truley been my calling. I have made the most fantastic friends, and I am part of a community that I want to be a part of. Everyone I know have different goals and different oppertunities but in the end, its like we are in this together. We help each other, give each other tips and push each other. Everyone wants everyone to succeed. Amazing

I have been worried about my swimming. I still have a lot to learn but I'll be okey. My focus is not to panic even if I have loads of people around me. Its for me the worst part of the race. Its least time consuming but scariest.

Then I have biking, 180K. Quite a distance, and It will be a challange,  but It will be fun. I had a real bad biking day when I did the half Ironman distance in Vansbro, my legs where like spagetti, my back was killing me and I lost a lot of confidence after that race. But Ironman biking isn't really fair. The better bike you have, the better chance you have of performing better results. I have a new and better bike that fits me and this competition. One amature athlete that impresses me most, is Ignacio, a 30 years old student with a 12 year old bike that he has modified, he is a monster on "gamla Bettan" (its name) a true driven amature athlete that can perform with whatever gear, amazing! I wish I was more like him, he counts on his inner and outter strengh, what I beleive the whole Ironman race was all about initially. 

Finally, the marathon. I already know what thats gonna feel like.  PAIN. I'll probably be okey the first 18k after that its gonna hurt. BAD.  But Its going be fun. Thats when I get to see family and friends. I just hope knees, calves, and that my body doesn't fall a part.

So I pray that I stay healthy so that I get the chance to experience my first Ironman ever. Almost 2 years of training and the day is here soon. 

I want to thank you all for the amazing support. Family, especially my daughter Happy who has basically spent the summer holidays on her own, friends, my sponser, collegues, my lecturers, business contacts, training partners, my job, all of you... The love, energy and support has been amazing.  Every word, every push, every hug, every link, every comment, everything....   has  meant the world to me. Thank you!

High lights...

































No comments: