Saturday, May 10, 2014

I really need all of my friends


Its been an interesting 2 weeks since my last blog post and half marathon in Germany. I have had this inner strange feeling. One day I feel really strong and the next day, I feel like I am not even going to be able to run 5K. I have had nightmares, and have had this strange feeling that everything around me is out of my control. Until I realized why. Since my sick leave last year I have been on SSRI anti-depression pills. I have started to reduce my intake (It takes 3 months) and every time I reduce my intake I get withdrawal symptoms, this time worse than ever. Feel like a drug addict. I understand that I needed these pills before, but It is really scary to be so addicted to something, and they sell them as none addictive... my ass. I can´t wait until this phase is over. I have learned so much about myself this year, and I have become so much more humble towards myself and others. Talk about wake up call.

I am happy that it hasn't affected my training. I have been able to focus on my schedule and I am very pleased with my results. My next competition is Stockholm Marathon which I am really looking forward to. I am not going to race the clock, I am going to see it as a training session for Ironman, and do it my way. If I feel pain, I am not going to complete the race..... I think.... or I am really going to try not to be stupid proud.... Ironman is this year goal, nothing else. But I really really am bad at giving up... really bad..... Anna a new friend of mine, is a ultra runner (Completes 100k races) might run and hold my hand, just for the fun of it. It would be nice if she could set the pace so I don´t start out like superwoman or something.

This weekend is a tough one. Its pouring outside and I am going to meet up with my homie, Madde and do a 3 hour biking session. and tomorrow I have a 2 hour run. But its so much fun. Just love doing all of this...... I am really happy, and I have the best friends ever that inspire me... and complement me as an inspirer for others. Some are impressed that I can work full time, train like a crazy person and still have a social life. I have thought about it, and Its TV time that I don't have anymore and my husband and I do this together. And a lot of discipline of course. Every Sunday I go though next weeks training schedule and I book when and what in my calendar. I have to. I also have the best and most flexible employer. If I swim during lunch and come in late, it takes 2 hours. My employer doesn't fight me. I stay in late instead and work extra evening hours. It would really be hard without my family's and friends patience.

So thank I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for pushing me, believing in me, complementing me, giving me positive feedback and participating in my beautiful journey in becoming an Ironman. Without you guys it would really be hard to stay inspired. (Colleagues, business partners, twitter friends,  Facebook friends, swimming partners, training partners, best friends, family, insta friends, old friends, new friends, club friends, crossfit solid friends... all of you inspire me and keep me going! Thank you

German flowers in my hair


A short break on todays  tour


Beautiful landscape although wet and cold

Looking focused


Pee pee place


Feeling pretty good about ourselves. We did it. Alrhough cold and wet outside


One of my best friends, Anna, entered a competition and her motivation below just blew me into tears. Anna thank you!







No comments: