Sunday, November 17, 2013

Amazing swim camp



My God did I have fun this weekend! I participated in a 3 day Swim Camp, and honestly ... I have been so unbelievable nervous. I have only been swimming for like a year so this is a completely new experience for me. I thought I was going to drown, embarrass myself and end up leaving with out anyone seeing me go. The only thing I did was embarrass myself, which really isn't anything new... This big mouth usually ends up saying something inappropriate.

The camp started on Friday at 5pm and ended Sunday at 2:30pm. We had 4x1,5 hours of swimming sessions and 2 one hour seminars and a half day seminar. we were 27 swimmers divided into 4 groups, one elite group, 2 advanced swim groups and one semi advanced group. No beginners. I guess that's why I was so nervous, I still see myself as a beginner but ended up with the semi advanced swimmers. I honestly believed that I was going to be the slowest swimmer in my group, I am so used to being last all the time that anything else surprises me, and there is nothing worse than holding back a group. I was far from the slowest swimmer. I was middle - top, (in my group)and It was the best feeling ever. 2 reasons, nice not being last, and I never felt that the slowest swimmer held us back, on the contrary, it reminded me about how my hard work has paid off.

The seminars were interesting with a lot of tips and information concerning swimming techniques, training philosophy and exercises. I have learned so much about swimming this weekend, it's like I want to go swimming tomorrow again, just to test all the different things that they taught me. Our coach said focus on three things that you want to work on more. My 3 things will be my leg strokes, my arm catch and keeping my wrist straight. The ugly Snorkel that I bought was probably the best swimming investment I ever made. It really helps me focus on my techniques.

I have had a lot of laughs as well. During our personal presentation, with all the serious triathletes, I presented myself as a cocktail triathlete, that I combine training with wine... Really stupid, because I think they though I was serious..... I kinda am, but the whole world doesn't have to know...... Luckily.... My friend Madde heard our coach Sebastian tell head Coach Ludde that even the cocktail triathletes are doing good...:-)

I did my fastest 50meters ever, 49 seconds, and I can start to feel love and peace while swimming.... Unbelievably crazy, I truly believe I might end up enjoying this crazy sport.

Its easy to find me because I am the brown spot on all the pitcures..:-D second person


Getting instructions from our fantastic coach Sebastian


Head coach Ludde going through theory and techniques


One of Swedens most inspiring triathletes and silver world medal champion Lisa Norden tells her story


We took a group photo and I was standing right behind her... Ouch...:-D


For me personally Annie is the most inspiring, thanks to this fantastic womens patience I can swim. (She is Swedish silver medalist in half Ironman) This girl rocks... 


And this is honestly how happy we are after this fantastic Swim Camp!











No comments: