Friday, November 22, 2013

My coach, my progress, my new epithet


Life feels so good right now, my progress is amazing, my coach is grand and I just became a grandmother. Being a granny is so cool. I look so much forward to spoiling my grandchildren to death and telling them all of these granny stories, just like they do in the movies. I am going to pester them with Ironman, marathon and vätternrundan stories, and they are going to say, granny you already told us that story, at least 10 times. Well you better listen again, cause its granny's favorite story. I have all the answers already.... :-) Granny or not, I just can´t use granny as my epithet. My dearest sister and one of my best friends, Theresa has been a granny for a while, and I have teased her sooo much. She is persistent. I am no granny to you, I am nana. Nana it is, Iron nana. Like the sound of it already. (Sorry Theresa for the 10 years of pain I caused, please don´t beat me up, like you used to do when we where kids). I am going to be an iron nana no matter what, just like my mom is. I will always be there for my grand kids.

My progress is going fast forward at the moment. Crazy fast. Well progressing in swimming isn't that hard since I still have a ways to go, but its not as boring anymore and I have new things to work on. When it comes to biking, I am not really sure... No biking season, and everything has to be done indoors, more or less. But my running. My running. Unexplainable. I did my first 5 K under 25 minutes.  It was one of those days my legs wouldn't stop going and my breathing was perfect.....But still, I weigh about 10 kilos to much and my weight will be my next focus area after my weekend in Milan. 4:50 speed per K, is my goal after losing my access weight.... :-) (I feel fine with myself but the strain to my body an Ironman will have, I don't want more kilos to carry around then I have to. Trust me, it will be tough enough anyway.)

My coach is grand. We still talk once a week and he ALWAYS keeps my spirits high and my head focused. This would never work without him. No matter what I do, he reflects, evaluates seriously, and gets back to me with his views. When training with different people you get a lot of know it alls. Like the swimming camp I attended last weekend, even if it was fun and I learned a lot its important to follow up. I wrote and told Andreas about how they saw things and what I should do. Andreas knows me, and he know triathlon. So he returned to me with his recommendations on what I should focus on. I trust my coach. Ruben McGray said 3 important pointers when training for an ironman, at his seminar last weekend. 1. Everyone needs a coach. 2. You have to trust your coach. 3.  It takes about a year to optimize your relationship with your coach. So I know I am doing things right. I have a coach, I trust my coach and my coach knows what works for me. He is truly amazing. (Even though he pesters me with a bunch of drills that I hate)

My sister and bestfriend, teebag, nana, theresa, etc. Kärt barn har många namn. A swedish saying


Grand coach Andreas, with my grand friend and partner in crime Madde




Nanas daughter and grandkids, I luv em, they are sooo beautiful! (I am auntie)



Me and my granddaughter soon...:-)


My oldest daughter Yvonne, she has had an amazing journey. I am proud of her.


The rest of my amazing kids, Patric, Caroline and Happy. I am blessed


I found this in my smart phone, why did I take this picture? Its stupid, old and blurry... I share everything with you... :-)






No comments: