Saturday, February 22, 2014

What are my plans for 2014?



We are already at the end of February, and this is my year. I embrace every single day feeling.... happy. This is the year I turn 50 as well, and I can't make up my mind if I should have a party, or if I should simply just travel somewhere? I luv to party, and I love to travel, so I really need some help on this one.

Not only do I turn 50, this is the year of my largest and most demanding athletic goals ever. Its like, why did I wait until 50? I love these challenges, I love endurance sports and I love the fact that my body is strong. Strong enough I hope... :-) I can't regret what I didn't do earlier in life, but I can try to live a long life with new goals and adventures. Is easy to think "why didn't I do this earlier...." But I try to remember that we change, conditions change and we never know what we want tomorrow. I guess that is one of the funs things about life, you never know whats around the corner. And never ever say never

So whats happening 2014? When I look at the list, I feel kind of crazy, proud, and really good about myself. I might not be able to go through with all the challenges. I might catch a cold, hurt myself or other things happen in my life beyond my control. But I am on the boat, airplane, train... whatever you want to call it, and I feel gooooood. One thing I never thought about before, is that I am spending so much money. This sport is expensive, and I am spending it on killing myself, I think or.... I decided to live by the saying : What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

So what are my planned activities?

April
Lûbbenau Half marathon in Germany
May
Stockholm Marathon - I might not run the full distance. Most important is, that I listen to by body so I don't hurt myself and miss my Ironman competitions
June
Vansbro Triathlon, a half ironman (Huge challenge)
July
No competition
August
Kalmar - Ironman (The challenge)
September
Stockholm - Half Marathon
November
Tunnel loppet

Here are the pics that kinda fit me, my challenge and my mentality:


What ever my results are at the end of this year, I never believed that I could do this journey, and know I am doing it.


Kind a funny, Feel like I could bench press a car. I am stronger than ever.


Love this one, its me


This is something I live by everyday. Everyone has to deal with tough situations/issues, but to stay strong and do what you can to get back on track, is something I truly respect.


An example of my two week schedule. It you want to know more, follow me on Funbeat.


No comments: