Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dark Sunday run


My husband came home with a fun toy the other day. A flashlight. Living in Sweden winter months is the same as total darkness sometime after 3 pm. It's one of those flashlights that is built in a headband. I know my husband means well and the flashlight is great, but I feel kinda nerdy running around looking like a miner. I wore it for the first time today when I did a 20K jog in my Icebugs that mom bought me 2 years ago. Actually I was happy that it was dark out, cause it wasn't a pretty sight. To the extent that my ponytail turned into a chunk of ice. It was tough today. I really had to switch on my Ironman brain, and just make up my mind. It was cold, slippery and dark, I felt kind of tired and my thighs, inner thighs and calves started to retract after about 14K. This has never happened to me before. I think it was because it was the first time I used my Icebugs this season, and they are heavier and the sole is harder than my normal running shoes. It like Andreas said. He think my legs are going to feel like frozen fish sticks tomorrow... No s..t... They feel like frozen fish sticks this very moment and it only been 4 hours.

However the flashlight worked well in the dark park, so I am really not complaining ... on the contrary, I am lucky to have a man that cares about my safety.... or is it that he wants a reason to buy athlete toys....??? Only he know the answer to that question. Have the best Sunday evening!



I luv these shoes that mom and dad bought me, cause they are good, but honestly... really ugly.. :-) (Not moms fault, I choose them all by my self)


Winter in Sweden, finally


Our newest toy, a present from Björns fantastic and generous brother, Jocke! Thanx man!


The home of 2 triathletes, Christmas decorations and sweaty cloths hanging on all the radiators. Happy complaining about a smelly home....


2 comments:

theresa said...

Now Wisconsin..Milwaukee and Sweden look and feel the same! Be careful but have fun out there! Watch those cars..

Ida said...

Haha, stackars Happy :D