Saturday, January 25, 2014

Jawbone - Scary shit


I bought a new toy, the most fantastic toy ever. Nothing new or revolutionary, but my daughter started telling me that I should buy a Jawbone since I am always on the run. Mom - she said, It will keep track of all your movement, and you can sleep with it.  I wasn't fully convinced at first. My husband and I had bought a Nike fuel band for my mom, which is great cause it keeps her moving... ALOT. But since I work-out a lot I have never really felt the need for any kind of devices. Caroline was going to buy me one in Dubai, but they didn't have one in my size. I started googling and asking around, and realized that this just might be the right device for me for several reasons. One good reason is that I often go to bed way to late and some nights and I don't sleep that well. Jawbone tracks all of my nightly activities. The stats are really interesting, and I just might be able to see a pattern in the future, if physical activity, food intake and my monthly cycle might affect my sleep. Jawbone might help me end my sleepless nights. Another reason is that its connected with my fitness pale, so It keeps track of calorie intake and output. I kinda eat to much. That's really one things I absolutely hate about growing older is that I can´t eat as much.

I have only had my Jawbone for a few days, but something has really surprised me.  It's  the activity stats. Listen - one day has 24 hours, my goal is to sleep 7 and a half hours a night. That leaves me with 16 and a half hours of awake time. I work-out a lot... A lot.. 1700-1800 minutes a month. approx 63 minutes a day. I often walk to work, it takes about 30 minutes one way. Guess how many hours I am physically active per day???? A normal day I move around for only 2-3 hours!!! This means that I sit on my ass or just hang around for about 13 hours every single day. 13 hours, can you believe that. No wonder people are getting fat. Mats, my colleague at work told that their is a device in the US that warns you if you have moved around less than 30 minutes a day. 30 minutes?  That is some scary shit.

The jawbone has just in a few days taught me that using the stairs, walking the extra distance makes a huge difference for my health. Training for Ironman has nothing to do with health. But using my body for what its meant to be used for... That is simply what health is all about....
We do not want to end up like the characters in Wall-E....

Ps I am so happy that I made my test as a spinning instructor, I have my interview on the 2 of February, so keep your fingers crossed that this works out as well!

My Jawbone, looks kinda good


Todays overview, 76% of my sleeping goal, 260% of my activity goal. I was up late drinking bubbles....


This is yesterdays stats. I had a rest day, but walked to work, had meetings, an moved around quite a bit. (What I thought)  2 hours and 2 minutes of activity. This can impossible be heathy...


Last nights sleep activities, slept pretty good even if it was to short 


I had to attach the Jawbone to my biking shoe if its going work when I biked


I just want to remind you guys about who I am, a true Cocktail Triathlete


I had some help, otherwise my 3 hour cycling today would have been impossible


No comments: