Monday, January 6, 2014

2013 recap




2013 has been an interesting year, like every year. Good things happen, bad things happen. weird things happen, strange things happen, interesting things happen, new friends are made, some are unfriended. Some days are adventurous and some days are just plain boring. Life.... Just plain life. I think this is something that every single one of us recognize, I just think its important to reflect on the past, and learn from our mistakes and embrace the positives. Here are some examples of my reflections.

My best memories 2013:

  • The Island of Corse, France. One of my best vacations together with my wonderful family
  • Family reunion in Milwaukee together with Caroline, and new Family members where found. My heart beats a little extra for Audrey Allen, a fantastic women and inspirer. And to spend time with Theresa, my sister
  • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil together with the whole family. Mom, kids people I love. Paradise on Earth. The country of the color blind.
  • My first Triathlon Olympic distance, 3.10 I still remember the feeling though the whole race
  • Andreas training days in Stockholm and meeting his other clients, and finding new friends
  • Spending 24 hours at Grand Hotel with my Husband. He spoils me rotten
  • Rotterdam with my friend Cici. ghosts and interesting people
  • My new granddaughter


Most stimulating experiences:

  • Swimming lessons with Annie
  • Triathlon camp in Mallorca with Madde, Johanna, Björn, Andreas och Ida. Fantastic last day dinner.
  • Running with Malin Ewerlöf, one of Swedens best runners
  • Running with Aregawi (World championen 1 500meters) and Jessica Claren (one of the best motivators), 
  • Milan with Caroline, finding out that my kid has a much better sense of direction than I have. Kids are starting to teach me things.... shitty scary


Most hated experiences:

  • Riddarfjärdssimning. Awful awful awful
  • Gaining weight instead of losing weight
  • Having to deal with idiots - learning how to deal with it, I have no other choice


Questionable experiences but good for me:

  • Weightlifting with Helena.
  • Triathlon training by Sjöhistoriska. Doing mini triathlons with people as crazy as me. Went from constantly being last to middle results.
  • My breakdown - Tough period, but I leaned a lot about myself

Sad experiences:

  • The loss of my first father figure, Lester Williamson
  • The loss of my first Father-in-law and Caroline and Patrics grandfather, Hans Karlsson.

2014 - Bring it on, I am ready to rock!


Canyoning in France, Island of Corse, loved it!


Family reunion in Milwaukee, Loved the Green tees


My crazy cousin Audrey, and her 1000 rep challenge. Just try it, you die trying... Trust me


Björn and I on our special weekend at Grand Hotel, Stockholm


My homies Annie, and Madde supporting me while doing my half marathon


Hate Hate Hate... need no words


Ahhhhhhh my first ever triathlon, Loved IT!!!!


Dining in Rio with the family


Spend quality time with one of my favorite homies


We just have so much fun when spending training time together. Johanna and Madde.


My best friend and love of my life


In memory of 2 of my favorite men, Lester


And Hasse.....



Wish you all a wonderful 2014

No comments: