Saturday, January 11, 2014

Perfect timing


This week has been my recovery week, thats when I have the least amount of training hours. I have only had 5 training sessions this week, none of them exceeding an hour and most of them in a slower pace. Today I had a 60 minute jog scheduled in a slow pace. The timing was perfect. It is the first day of snow in a very long time and I LOVE running in snowy weather. Its quiet, feels warmer and so much lighter outside. In this dark county of Sweden it is needed. The slower pace gave my husband and I the possibility to talk, take pictures and enjoy our jog, just like a nice long walk. Although we ran in a slower pace, took pictures and did some running skill exercises we did a 10k on the hour. In brick shoes ( icebugs). Its nice to come home without feeling exhausted, just purely energized.

I weighed in on Friday as well. I have been logging my food intake in My fitness pale for 16 days, and It has given me back my perspective on what I actually eat. I know so much about food and its contents, but it still surprises me how easy it is to eat to much. (Even though I am a foodoholic) In the beginning, it was like, I used up all of my calories before dinner, including the extra calories I earn in my training..... Going to bed hungry a couple of nights in a row, made me rethink. And I had a one day food orgy (I have a tendency to over eat when my husband travels... not good, but the truth).

I estimate that I have lost about 2 kilos since I started, I use my tits as a measuring cup. When they don't fit in my hands I know I am way to heavy. If they are small and hide easily behind my hands, thats when my weight is perfect. Usually perfect is somewhere around 65K. So I am about 10 kilos to heavy. Best part is that it doesn't worry me the least anymore. I am strong, in good health and have endurance. And Have have 5 months to lose it, 2 kilos a month. Perfect!

My Ironman mindset is a huge help, when I see that chocolate bar, its like.... Desiree do you really want to carry that around for at least 14 hours... No I don't. It as easy as that.

Thanks mom for joining me in My fitness Pale. Your walks are so long I have a hard time keeping up with you burning calories


I used my new Ironman soles that Carina gave me. They are the best! especially in Icebugs.


I ran so slow even Björn caught me on camera. He usually isn't quick enough ..:-DD




But I barely caught him..... hmmmm


I love the scenery around our park, The royal park Djurgården


Here I come, had toooo much cloths on though... I got HOT


Jogging and taking pictures at the same time. Multi-tasking, a female thang...


Scratching my forehead, It always starts to itch when I sweat.... 


No comments: