Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ironman challenge


Its been a fantastic journey so far. Thinking back about my first trip to Mallorca and my first triathlon camp, it really is unbelievable that I have gotten this far. My friend Madde, challenged me into signing up for this 187 mil (300k) bike race, 2012. Crazy. And since I barely had biked or knew how to bike she had this great idea, that we should participate in a triathlon camp in Mallorca. Sounded like fun. I had never been to the island before, so I was really exited. Shortly before landing I was looking out the window from my window seat and realized that Mallorca was all mountains. " Madde, we are not going to bike there now?????" The expression on her face... "Oh yes we are" ... My first thought was "hell no!"  But said and done, I biked those damn mountains and every single biker passed me, all sizes, colors, ages and shapes. I didn't have a chance. But I did it, and Madde was really patient with me. She fixed my chain when it jumped cause I didn't want to get my hands dirty and she waited for me to blow my nose in paper towels ( real cyclists blow there nose while cycling, this is never going to happen with queen Blomberg, that for sure!) Not only that, I had to learn how to swim (another story)

2 weeks ago I completed my first ever triathlon race, Olympic distance. 1 mile swimming(42 minutes) , 25 mile cycling (1h 24 minutes) and 6,25 mil run (53 minutes) 1,5k swim, 40k bike, 10k run. Total time including transitions 3h 10 minutes. I still feel Happy. I have never done anything more fun athletic wise. All the photos taken of me, I have this goofy smile. So Ironman here I come. I have a year to train for a 2,4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26,2 mil run. Can I do it? Answer Yes, I can. With commitment, brains, health and lipgloss anything is possible. So please follow me and my journey towards Ironman 2014.

Here are some pictures from my first Triathlon Camp 2012.




No comments: