Tuesday, September 17, 2013

This seasons competitions


Oh my god what a season its been. All my hard training has finally started to pay-off. This season has been full of competitions, training, good days, bad days, over training, depressions... everything. I was enrolled to participate in 8 races this season and completed 7. In all 7 races I ended up doing personal best. I am slowly getting it, running, biking and swimming techniques. I am constantly surprised thinking about how fit I have become, okey I still have chubby on my tummy, BUT I am a strong, fit women. And I feel really good about myself. The only race I missed is my full marathon, because not only did I have a cold, I ended up with a minor depression due to stress, menopause and all that old women's stuff. Not knowing who you are anymore and things like that. Thanks to great hospital care, family and friends, I am out of it, and feeling better than ever, although I have become very careful.

The hardest part when It comes to training and turning older, is realizing that your body isn't as strong as it used to be, and that everything takes more time and discipline. I have to be more careful, so I don't get injured. I have always been the type of person that has believed that anything can be achieved if you just put your mind to it. I still believe it, in a sense, but I have added a little common sense into my future commitments.  I don't know if enrolling to participate in an Ironman competition would be seen as using common sense by most... :-D But I truly believe that I can do it. Common sense for me is knowing who I am, and being honest with myself and in what I can accomplish. No one knows me better than I.

I have listed this seasons races and accomplishments below. It's a short summary of this years events, the last summary before I get down and dirty on my journey to becoming Ironman 2014.

Premiärmilen 10K race time 58:59  minutes- Good race
Stockholm Marathon DNS - Due to illness
Parloppet 5K race time 27:59
Stockholm Aquathlon 2K swim 7K run time? just did it - Really fun and tough as hell
Riddarfjärdssimningen 1,6K swim(1Mile) time 52 minutes- My god I hated it (Another story)
Midnight run 10K race time 56 minutes- Fun fun fun - Like a huge Party
Stockholm Triathlon Olympic Distance - 3h 10 minute Race of the year, the race I trained for, and it was amazing, fun and I loved it
Stockholm Half Marathon time 1h 59 minutes, best result ever and I was a bit tired before start.

I received a nice email from my coach. I am really happy with my half marathon result, but I was tired before the race and my calves had started cramping at the end of the race. So I had to lower my pace. Somewhere in my mind I have been thinking: Could I have done better? After Andreas email, I am even happier. This is the thing with having a great coach, they explain why? Why I had cramps, why I felt a bit tired before the race, why I should be extremely pleased with me... :-). Best of all, he puts things into perspective. And he ended the letter: You are a fighter....Yes I am!

This years first race


Stockholm marathon, I was sick but I was interviewed on TV, telling Sweden that if my husband doesn't run fast enough he is not welcome home.. :-D


My first ever Aquathlon, might be my last... It was fun, but not really me...


Hate race of the year, my God I feel sick even writing about it..... Fun for everyone except Queen Blomberg


Same day, Midnattsloppet,  party race of the year, it was like running a discodance.. All I was missing was some shots.


Getting fired up for the race I have been training and longing for. It was silly fun, I simply loved it!


My halv Marathon results, woop woop



See ya all

No comments: