Monday, September 30, 2013

Not only motivation, you have to make up your mind


It is so easy to talk about motivation and inspiration. But am I always motivated to go out on a 1,5 hour jog? Do I feel like going to the gym and working my ass off? Or even worse, going to the pool after work, at this pee smelling place, with naked people everywhere shaving and scrubbing the most private parts you can imagine. No... I am not always motivated or not even inspired, actually I believe that its all about making up your mind.

This past week has been a real tough one. It started out with a cold so I couldn't follow my program, and then a trip with my company to Amsterdam, ending with a weekend in Rotterdam with a close friend and colleague.

I get a bit stressed out and restless when I can't workout, its like my body is so used to physical exercise, even when I am sick, it drives me crazy mentally that I can't work this body. So after not working out for 4 days, I was depressed. By the time we left for Amsterdam on Thursday my cold was over but our conference had the tightest schedule ever. When we finally had a 1,5 hour break, I rushed to the gym and had a 6k jog. It kind of sucked. My legs did't want to, my motivation was really low, and I felt kind of stressed out due to the time limit, knowing that I wouldn't be able to workout until Monday. But I made up my mind, talking to myself "Dee, this is the price you have to pay if you want that Ironman medal, so make sure that you eat heathy and stay focused". So what did I do? Like any normal human-being forgetting about my commitments..... Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday was all about good food and wine.

So what happens to me mentally when I haven't followed my program for a more than a week? I loose motivation and inspiration. This is when I have to make up my mind. Today I dragged my body to the gym, ran my ass off, 6K in 30 minutes and did some weight lifting. Ending Monday with a big smile.

The queen is back on track!

See that cheese in the window? My GOD I love cheese.. and it was good... :-)


Well we did a little biking anyway, the Dutch bike everywhere, that probably why they aren't fat, cause they have the craziest sweet-tooth


Moule... mmmmmm... with lots of cheese and bread


another favorite... sprinkles, sweets for your breakfast sandwich


Back on track, finally... Just do it, and I did it... :-)


No comments: