Saturday, October 5, 2013

Group training, 2 together or on your own?


It has been a fantastic training week. I have had group training, training with two of my best friends (My husband and Madde) and I have been on my own. So which is best, group training or training on your own? I think we all have different thoughts. It can depend on which level you are physically. When I started out, I wanted to be on my own, so I didn't hold others back (Or the honest version is, I didn't want others to see how bad I was, childish but true). Today, I love to be 2. And If I am lazy, tired and unmotivated, group training is best for me. (Can't hide)

We can all agree that physical training is important, especially today when we are dealing with more and more weight problems worldwide. I know how hard it is, because I have been there, weighing about 45 pounds more than I do today. When It comes to training I think its really important to find a sport or something that you love doing. It isn´t always that easy, When I started jogging, I honestly hated it. Everyone was talking about the great feeling of being outside, hearing the birds chirp, and looking at the beautiful surroundings.... Hmm all I could hear was my own breathing (heavy), I had tunnel vision, and my only thought was. "I want out, this is crazy, why?" Everytime I got dressed to go out, it was pure will power. Will power is good, but in the long run its important to enjoy what you are doing otherwise you are eventually going to fail.

I learned to love jogging/running, Thank God. (Its hard to be a triathlete otherwise, but it took 2 years) It is the one thing that my husband and I really enjoy doing together. We talk, we solve everyday problems, and we enjoy our own time, just him and me, in are own world. With a smooth pace and breathing. (Still don't hear birds chirp) I learned that our brain can't think backwards when we are physically moving forward, thats why we solve so many issues when we are running or driving in our car for that matter.

For me combining 4 disciplines (running, biking, swimming and weightlifting) and being fortunate to have family and friends that share my interest, is going to help me reach my Ironman goal. Last week Madde and I where going out to do interval training , then a friend (Håkan) that is an excellent Marathon runner called and asked if he could go running with us. Then my husband (Björn) wanted to go if Håkan was joining, so we ended up as a party of four that really had a good time together and at the same time we helped each other push our limits. Interval training is tough to do on your own, It takes ALOT of discipline.

My true belief is if you find a form of exercise you love doing, you will love doing it on your own, with a friend or sharing with a group of people you don't know but share the same interest. Just don't give up finding your thing,  there is something out there for everyone, sometimes its just something you least expect. An open mind is all it takes.

Morning routine


Trying on different Triathlete clothing for our own design


Hola!


2 comments:

Kim said...

You've inspired me. I don't want to do Ironman, but I need to get in shape again. I am going to start going to the gym again and, while I am in the US, I will be taking long power walks everyday.:)

Queen Desiree's goals said...

Hey Kim!

Thanks for reading my blog!!! Its an honor for me to inspire you. I know my English sucks, and your an eEnglish teacher..hahahaha... Making me nervous... :-) I think powerwalks is the best training form to start with, thats what I began doing and I still do. And in beautiful fall weather as well.

Keep me posted on your advances.

Have a nice trip, Globe trotter!