Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I LOVE MEDALS



I love medals, I don't want to compete in a race if it doesn't result in some kind of medal. Guess it sounds kind of childish but I have this dream, sitting with my grandchildren and showing them all the medals that I achieved when I was "young" 48+.... :-) Guess when I am around 70, 50 is young. My mom who is 74 said something really funny the other day. She offered me some moose meat, which I love and she thought I wanted all my meat grounded. I replied that I would love some bone/meat to boil, cause it makes the best soups. Mom.... "young people usually don't like boiled meat.... " ehhh mom, I'll be 50 next year...  :-D Not really that young anymore.... LMAO

Well I have this beautiful box with all my medals. I cherish them, because there is a lot of hard work behind every one of them, and each medal has its own story. I am going to share some of the stories with you in future blog posts but first I want to share some of my medals with you. Hate and Love

This is my first medal that shows that I really achieved something huge. Its my first marathon, and my pride. I did something I never thought I could do. I can still remember the feeling when crossing the finish line. 


My second best, I asked my husband if he wanted to do the 300k race with us, and he answered "Hell no" quess who is jealous today??? Yepp, my husband, so when I am in the mood, I show him what he could have had... :-D Evil? YEEEES


My weirdest medal ever, I was in 3rd place in my category in my first ever aquathlon. (Stinky water with killer seaweed...urgh) I can barely swim.... so was I worth it? No, but Its still my medal. Probably the only 3rd place I'll ever receive... :-)


My number 1 hate medal. My first medal ever, but I really didn't like this race. Its a stupid 5K race for women, and they are the most evil, egoistic women you can imagine. No one respects start groups, no matter how slow you are everyone starts in the first start group possible, and walk (Although you are supposed to run quite fast in the first groups) so the can have their free picnic basket quick (Walking start group is last so these inconsiderate women can´t wait until their turn) HATE


Love at first sight! I love this medal more than any other medal, Its my first Triathlon medal, and my very first step towards Ironman! I'm in love.....:-)



No comments: