Sunday, October 13, 2013

Spontanious or just plain effective

I remember saying that Stockholm halv marathon was my last race for this season. Well... Not any more... On Friday my husband said that we should do Hässelbyloppet, a 10K race that we have never done before. Well, its not like this important race that I really wanted do, but my pregnant daughter Yvonne, lives there. Since I have to follow my training program, its a perfect way to fit a tight schedule. I get to see my daughter a few weeks before due day, and my last official race before becoming a granny...:-D. 

A tough training schedule is time consuming, but more important then my Ironman challenge, is my family. So when I have the chance, its perfect to schedule both, and  she promised to bake some cinnamon rolls.. Yummy! (No matter my result)

At this moment, I am on the metro on my way to the race, I start at 12:50. My body is tired and I am not going to break any records today. I ate so much yesterday I feel kind of piggy today. Everything under 55 minutes is great. Everything over dissapointing ... My best 10K this season is 53:08 minutes. So am I nervous? YES, I am always nervous before a race. So before I post this blog,  I will post my results.

After race summary:

Another personal best even though I was tired at start. 52:11. It was fun to meet up with some friends, Anna, Krister and Theo!  However, what I liked the most was to spend quality time with my daughter and her boyfriend and eat "bullar".. Yummy yummy

Happy, enough pictures, thank you.



I found Magnus, one of my working partners getting ready for take off!


If you love nature, its a nice race. Personally I am more a concrete type of runner..:-)


Happy taking a photo of her parents, comedian daughter... LOL


Bullar bullar bullar, personal best was rewarded with two bullar...:-D 


My granddaughter is in there...:-)


Coolest kids ever, Thanks for the support!




No comments: