Friday, April 18, 2014

A Mallorca Triathletes diary



Sunday
After my blog Sunday night, I decided that my next blog is going to be a Mallorca diary. Ever day, before I fall asleep, I will add pictures, a training schedule as well as a short update on every days training sessions.  Good things, bad things and juicy details... If any ... (Nope, didnt happen, tooo damn tired)

Monday
First day of bootcamp was more then fun... it was amazing. Well.... when I woke up in the morning, I wasn't really sure that this was going to be the case... It started out with me not getting enough sleep. Stupid me had to have coffee after dinner Sunday night. Big mistake, huge mistake. So I was a bit worried that I wasn't going to be able to give the day my best shot. The day started out with a lecture about endurance. One important thing about endurance is getting the right type and amount of energy. Before we went on our biking session Andreas feed us with products from Umara sports. First a caffein drink that didn't taste That good (according to the queen, kind a like p...) but was effective. How ever, he had the best sport drink ever. We had a lecture about the importance of giving your body different type of carbohydrates, and Umara sports had that in their blend, and best of all, you could taste the salt. It wasn't as slimmy sweet as other sports drinks. Worked really well for me.

Every group has its clown, and this time it isn't me, its Jimmy


The peepee shot and beet shots, they really got this engine goinging


On the first day of biking we climbed the peak of Formentor. It was tough and my pulse was like way over max pulse, but I kept the flow going, and for the first time I really kept a good pace. It was fun and I felt strong and confident. (Oppps, little lie, I could hardly breath and had a near death experience... But yes I kept a good pace) After 40K of biking we ended our session with a 3K run. 

bikes bikes bikes


Mia, a new friend and inspirer, she has completed 4 full Ironmans and she has the coolest IM logo clothes. She might be missing some things after I have left.... :-D


I had promised a couple of friends (Christina and Teresa) that I would get in the freezing cold ocean, which I did, and It was kind of nice..... Happy was taking pictures so she made me stay in for a while.... I bet she was messing with me... :-D Picture turned out great.


I really need a pedicure, but its a bit over the top to keep this cocktail look going.. (Can't afford it)


Jeff our amazing Swim instructor, he is too funny and he talks and talks and talks and talks... just like me...


We ended the day with a swimming session. The plan was to take our bikes to the pool, I got the feeling that it was close. But It wasn't and the bike ride wasn't slow. So it when we finally arrived I was happy that I hadn't broken out in a awful sweat. Coach Jeff gave us some great swimming exercises and tips in how to become better swimmers, and he was GOOOD. The quality of our instructors are indescribable, totally awesome.

I just love this girl, she is spending her easter holiday with training freaks, and not one single complaint. Happy and Ida has found a mutual interest, dancing


So after 3 hours and 30 minutes of training, I was hungry. Damn... I ate like, and as much as a city pig. Its like Andreas asked if anyone had trouble eating carbohydrates? Yeah, like this chubby women has problems with that... ehhhhh... NO... I have trouble avoiding them. This just might be the best motivator of becoming a Triathlete.... :-D

A picture a borrowed from Ida and MTC, Jeff clocking our 1,4K intervalls


Friday

The diary ended after Monday, I have been too exausted to write every evening, its little of the same every day so you have an idea what our days look like. I feel kinda sad that its over soon because it has been so much fun.  Yesterday was amazing, we did a 110k biking tour, that was absolutely fantastic. Our group did one 7,5K climb, other then that it was more like a hilly journey. The surroundings were beautiful. My mom asked me if I have time to enjoy the view? Answer is yes, the scenery keeps my motivation high! I am always wondering whats behind the next curve. This trip has given me loads of confidence and I have a ways to go especially with my swimming, but with the right training and staying healthy, Ironman shouldn't be impossible.


I just luv selfies


Beautiful Island


Once a cocktail triathlete always cocktail, no matter what.


No comments: