Sunday, April 13, 2014

It feels like this is going to be a fab week


Mallorca Mallorca Mallorca

I came here for the first time 3 years ago. I fell in love with this island immediately. It is an amazing island during spring. Flowers, oranges, lemons. mountains, blue ocean waters, and so on. And not only that, Mallorca is paradise for cyclists, April - June. The whole city of Alcudia is full of cyclists. (My cuz Audrey would love this place. After June however, it gets to hot.

I am here at Mallorca Training Camp arranged by my fantastic coach Andreas and his girlfriend Ida, together with Björn, Madde, Johanna, Happy and other new friends that are triathletes, cyclists, runners, both very experience and some like me, more amateur. That is one of the best parts about being a triathlete, its like this big family, and how ever experienced or not you are, you always feel welcome and everyone helps you. Several of them have done multiple Ironmans and listening to their tips, trixs and stories are invaluable

Our day started out, by getting up at 3:30 in the morning. Our flight was scheduled to depart at 5:50. Slots and air traffic control, delayed the flight until 7:15. My friend Johanna is a air traffic controller by profession and it was fun listening to all of her theories about why we were delayed. Once on board I had the pleasure to fly with Cabin chef, Lollo Modig, one of my all time favorite colleagues, when I used to work at SAS. The welcome was amazing. Her smile can light up the world. And it was nice to get a personal update.

So here we are... :-D We started out easy today by waking up our sleeping bodies. A short biking tour, testing that our rented bikes fitted us, and then a short jog, checking out the surroundings. A total of 1 hour of training. Tomorrow is the first day of boot camp. And the schedule is pretty tough. My next blog I will give you all the juicy details if I survive this week. ... :-D. Give me a thought when I am climbing these fab mountains. My mind is set to make it, and make it good. My personal goal is to do a better job than last year. I don't want to barely make it, I want to shine. Just like Spain's amazing sun.

See yaw all.

Fantastic lemons right outside of our apartment


The tri-gang, a really great combination of new friends


One of our rooms, a "garage" for our bikes


Even though its to cold to swim in the water without a wetsuit, the water is so blue its like... jump in, jump in, and I would if I knew it wouldn't give me a heart attack 


Happy looking cool in her sunglasses


Madde and Johanna are kinda like sisters, and great fun to be around! Luv these girls.


Best coffee, and my loved one looking all serious,  guess he is thinking about the week to come.


Bikes and stuff







No comments: