Saturday, April 5, 2014

Biking season at last, even if a bit cold



Today, we had a 3 hour biking session on our schedule. Björn and I agreed on setting our alarm at 7 am. If we don't bike early, Its hard to get the most out of the weekend. 3 hours is 3 hours. My alarm went off at 7 am, but I was tired. It took like 50 minutes to get out of bed. Björn is never any help at this stage... If I go to bed, he goes to bed, if I get up, he gets up. In all of our 17 years together I can count on one hand the times he has gotten up earlier then me on our days off.  I started with opening one eye, then the other eye and eventually I threw off my blanket. That part worked fast cause when I start to freeze, I am up. (Get some warm clothes on)

Today was a beautiful day! Not a cloud in the sky. But cold and windy. (3-4° Celsius, about 37-40° Fahrenheit). I had 2 layers of bottoms, 4 layers of tops, 2 pair of socks, shoe warmers, winter gloves and my favorite winter Scarf. I know, Its not biky to wear a scarf, but I HATE to freeze. There are certain things that a triathlete should never ever wear. Lucky me that a scarf isn't one of them... :-D See newbee NO NO list below:

Wearing any of the things on this list is a no no: Underwear under cycling shorts, a visor on your helmet, knee-high compression during a casual group ride, shorts with a worn-out backside, a jersey that exposes your midriff, or sunglasses not intended for athletic use. 

Read more here


Anyway, we got on our bikes and we were off and away. My legs felt good and I had a good cadence. Tried to keep a constant rapid cadence (90RPM) and we had a nice tailwind on the first half of our ride. Everyone knows what happens when its time to turn around and go back. That lovely tailwind turned into a a wall. I really didn't mind, except that I started to get cold. I had strong legs today and even if I had a great deal of lactic acid in my muscles going uphill, I recovered quickly.

Björn said that today was the best he has ever biked with me. A part of the distance he did in his own pace, and I didn't get as far behind as I usually do. (I am always last in my group of friends, I am David my friends are Goliat) So with that in mind, this has been a great day. Even though I had to stay in the shower for more than 30 minutes to thaw..... I was like a chocolate popsicle when I got back. Cold to the BONE.

Tomorrow I have the ambition to run a half marathon. Well, Its on my schedule, so we will have to see how that goes. But I am going to take it very easy tomorrow.

Have the best day!

My coach Andreas would not agree on this look, I am most certain of that, but damn It felt good. (Luv my Scarf)


Björn looks more professional then I do, and he complained that he froze more too. Its costs to look goooood.


I was supposed to bike for 3 hours but I was to cold. 


Happy and warm after a fantastic tour.





No comments: