Sunday, April 20, 2014

A summary of Mallorca Training Camp


This very moment, we are on our flight, on our way home, after a simply amazzzziiiing week.  I feel really good about myself, both inside and out. I had set one important private goal before my trip..... I wanted to shine (Like Spains sun) compared to last year. My goals are always my own and I never compare them with anyone else. Like I always say, I am David, an underdog, doing my own thing, my own way, my own speed and under guidance of my amazing coach Andreas Lindén. I overcame some personal doubts this week.

My first doubt, climbing those damn mountains..... The scenery is beautiful and its fun..... but really really tough. I have always had problems with going uphill. This year I did a fab job. The first mountain, the first day built my confidence (When my pulse blew max), so when it was time to climb mountain number 2, on our long biking tour day I had made up my mind in advance. You can do this Desiree and you can do it good. I wanted to do approximately 10K per Hour. A lot better than last years 7-9K per hour. My stupid thing (bike computer) was set on MPH which I forgot about, so while going uphill my computer didn’t go higher than between 7 – 9 (Mph). Feeling kinda low, but not giving up. When I finally reached the top, I was like 20 minutes earlier then my personal schedule, and thats when I realized that I had been doing about 11,2 -14,4 K/h which is almost double last years speed. For the first time in my life, I was one of those that got to rest a little while on top, waiting for other members in my group to show up!!! A new experience..... Before I was ALWAYS last (Every single mountain), so as soon as I was on top, it was time to continue, tired as hell. That really was a bummer.

My second doubt, open water swimming. This one I didn’t overcome completely this year. I was better and more confident then last year but still not good enough for Ironman. I kind of panic, hate salt water in my mouth (Feels  DRY..... like an old lady's mouth with dentures) and I still get a bit seasick. Madde did some swimming with me and she gave me invaluable tips. One perfect tip was to do the back stroke if I loose air for a little while until my breathing is back to normal. (I wont loose as much speed that way) Liked that one a lot .

I feel quite confident with my running, I feel relaxed and I know I have a pretty good pace, although I am a heavy runner……. I always gain weight when I am under a lot of stress or not feeling mentally relaxed. I have had some really tough weeks at work, which is right on my hips.... again. But I feel and know that everything is going to be okey. I had some amazing results this year. On our final race day,  I did a 1,5K run keeping a 4:24 minute per K pace!  The best compliment ever came from my dearest friend Madde: Desiree I wonder if its your indian blood, because your are a quite runner. (A very good thing) My goal is to keep my feet as light as possible to avoid to much stress on my knees and limbs.

My strongest recommendation to anyone who wants to go on a Tricamp with a personal touch, where your personal goals are taken into a lot of consideration, Mallorca training camp should be one of your alternatives. 

3 words that define my experience: Personal, unique and professional

So Andreas and Jeff, you guys are the best. You gave us a fun and challenging week (Don't think otherwise). I feel like a cocktail queen that just entered the next level of her triathlon carrier. Thank you guys!

A special thank you to all the cool endurance athletes, Ironmen (male and female) and other trialtheles during our boot camp. Thanks for all the laughs, pep, tips, stories and simply the best travel company ever!

Lena, Madde, Johanna, Björn, Happy, Snabba Ida, Snabba Emil, Mona, Olga, Mia, Johan, Martin, Jimmy, Ingvar, Patrik, Jeff, jennifer, Andreas, Inte lika snabba men tillräckligt snabba Ida. Hope I got everyone, cause you all made or trip memorable and painful (In a good way)

Ps

And I met Sofie, my first energetic and funny spinning instructor from Sollentuna, she actually started it all and Mathias W a inspiring friend/business contact that I met through work! Mallorca is a paradise for Swedes.... obviously....

Our 110 kilometer biking tour


Running intervals after a biking session 


We bike up these beautiful mountains, the view is stunning, but its hard to take pictures from up there


A swimming race the last day, that I avoided. I would have ended up doing a 180 degree turn, like Ida.


The water was unbelievably clear


Best girls/women/ladys ever, Johanna - half marathon and long distance bike competition, Mia - 4 times full distance Ironman, probably alot of other races I don't know about, me, Madde several long distance bike competitions, triathlons, long distance swim races, long distance cross country skiing, Lena really a lot of long distance biking like 14 years in a row... Amazing. Bike races are between 100 - 300K.


All the guys in the group have completed full distance Ironmans (except Björn, Ingvar and Emil, Emil however is a phenomenal cyclist (No one compares to Emil uphill), we are missing Johan who got food poisoning. Hope he is better... 


Coach Andreas and Ida, saying good bye, here with Emil and his speedy wife Ida, She completed a 100 Kilometer run... Yes you heard med 100 K running. It took her 11,5 hours. 


Old Alcudia, a beautiful little town


This is a female Ironman tan


Yepp, thats us! Best gang i da world


Bye bye







No comments: