Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Nervs of steel... Or not really


OMG... I am starting to realize what I have gotten myself into. How was I thinking? I have the toughest competitions ahead of me, starting out with the easiest one, Lübbenau half marathon. April 26th. It sounds weird calling a half marathon easy, because its not, but if I compare it with the challenges I have ahead of me it is.... Shit..... Just got a reality attack... Dear God, if I survive this year I promise not to get so bigheaded in the future. Well lets just hope all these early mornings have paid off.

Went to see my physical therapist yesterday, Martin, the best therapist ever. I go once a month just to assure that my body is doing okey. He is funny, he always says the strangest things and he doesn't even realize it. Once he said I was stiff as a corpse (I think I have mentioned it before) and yesterday he told me that a women's butt starts to hang as we grow older, but that I have good muscle tone on my upper butt under my fat. So my butt doesn't hang as much as it should considering my age. And gave me thumbs up. Like this was going to make me Happy. :-D. Who can see muscle tone under a load of fat? All I see is cellulite... 

His office is in the best crossfit box in the world, Crossfit Solid. I saw Kalle as well, one of the owners, and  he said Desiree, I try to support you on your journey! (Likes and pepp on FB) My answer: Kalle I feel it, see it and I thank you. ( All of you that support me are very important to me, without you guys, how fun would it be?) And to have Kalles support, one of Sweden's finest Athletic personalities is huge. Warms this women's heart. All of you warm my heart. I need yaw and and thank yaw for doing this with me. If I make this happen, you will be medalists too.

I had my first biking session outdoors last Saturday and it was fab! Boy, It felt so nice to be outside, to feel the power of my bike, the air and the speed. WOW! I LUV my bike. We did a 42K in circles, I didn't mind, I was just happy to get out. I felt like a dairy cow, being let out for spring, leaping with joy...:-D

So for many reasons, this going to be a very interesting year if I stay healthy.  50, Ironman, more grand children, Mallorca, Berlin, Nice, London, Paris, Audrey Allen, Party, work, "maybe instructor course" and the list goes on. At this moment I really feel fortunate, I have decided to embrace every single day! 

Luv on you

One of the fun parts about triathlon is all the cool gear you can buy! I admit that I am a gear junkie


I honestly luv my bike! We are soul mates


Once a cocktail triathlete, always a......


Athletes need a lot of sleep, especially on weekends, and there is always a little monster awake (Happy) taking pictures


Even if Crossfit isn't my thing for now, I miss the worlds best box and the fantastic feeling of being a part of the family




No comments: